The legislation refers to “commercial electronic messaging” sent by email or text message by Lussier Dale Parizeau to its audience, with the intent of encouraging participation in an unsolicited commercial activity.
For Lussier Dale Parizeau, the following communications are considered commercial electronic messaging:
- Promotional emails for a product, service, individual or contest
At Lussier Dale Parizeau, the following email messages are authorized to be sent without obtaining consent:
- Email exchange with active clients, unless they have expressly withdrawn their consent
- Email exchange between individuals with personal or family ties, regardless of the nature of the message
- Email response to requests from our audience, to the extent that it is limited to responding to the request without adding any promotion
- Response to a complaint email from our audience, to the extent that it is limited to responding to the situation without adding any promotion
- Email or text message exchange between employees, representatives, suppliers and consultants of Lussier Dale Parizeau
- Email or text message sent to a prominent email address (e.g. displayed on a website or business card)
- Email regarding a satisfaction survey
Procedure to Confirm or Withdraw consent
In order to offer an optimal customer experience, our databases accommodate preferences for the following 4 types of communication:
Varied and targeted promotions based on audience needs and insurance products. Allows clients to stay tuned with Lussier Dale Parizeau offers and contests. Aims to promote products and services from which our audience can benefit. Frequency: about 5 to 6 times per year
Information and advice related to Lussier Dale Parizeau and its products (Personal Lines, Commercial Lines, Life and Health, savings, group plans, etc.). Also, blog posts on different themes.
Frequency: about 6 to 9 times per year
- Satisfaction surveys:
Questionnaires designed to identify respondents’ satisfaction, needs or knowledge.
Frequency: after a purchase or a claim.
- Broker communication:
Communications or documents sent between broker and client relating directly to their insurance contract, policies, and file in general.
Frequency: as per the client’s needs and situation
It is possible to confirm or withdraw consents at any time* by clearly stating YES or NO for each of the communications specified herein:
- Via our Subscribe/Unsubscribe page
- By phone with a Lussier Dale Parizeau representative
- By emailing a Lussier Dale Parizeau representative
- When entering a contest (e.g. entry form filled out at an event, convention, etc.)
- Using Lussier Dale Parizeau’s written consent form (paper format)
*Lussier Dale Parizeau agrees to act on a subscribing or unsubscribing request within 10 working days of receipt of the request; transmission delays caused by the Internet network, temporary server downtime, or other force majeure could delay subscribing/unsubscribing confirmation.
Also, as required by CASL:
All of our mass email communications include a footer containing:
- A link to Lussier Dale Parizeau’s Subscribe/Unsubscribe page
- Full contact details of Lussier Dale Parizeau and its corporate name
All our individual email communications include in the sender’s email signature:
- The possibility of unsubscribing
- Full contact details of Lussier Dale Parizeau’s representative
In the following cases, Lussier Dale Parizeau’s representatives must ensure that they comply with the defined framework:
- Quote requests and online quotes:
- Email response to a request for quote or an online quote is permitted. It is limited to responding to the request
- During a phone call following an online quote, Lussier Dale Parizeau’s representative confirms consents for subsequent email address use
- Email regarding a satisfaction survey:
- Survey emails are not governed by the Anti-Spam Policy since they do not promote a product, service, individual or contest by Lussier Dale Parizeau
- Emails of this type are therefore allowed. They provide for a churn mechanism and should not contain any promotion
- Email sent following a Lussier Dale Parizeau client, employee, or partner referral
- Under Lussier Dale Parizeau’s internal referral policy, the referrer may provide email addresses of potential clients they wish to refer.
- A single email may be sent as first contact to the referred potential client. It must contain at least the following information:
- Full name of the referrer (employee who referred the potential client)
- Clear identification of Lussier Dale Parizeau’s contact details
- Clear identification of the name and job title of the person in charge of the file
- For any subsequent email communication, consents must be obtained
Complaints and Questions
If you have any questions, wish to lodge a complaint or flag a non-compliance to this policy, please contact:
Manager – Marketing
Anti-Spam Policy Officer
Lussier Dale Parizeau Inc.
3400 boulevard de Maisonneuve Ouest
Toll free: 1-877-587-5437
For more information on Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), please visit: http://combattrelepourriel.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/home
If you receive an unsolicited email that seems to have been initiated by Lussier Dale Parizeau, please forward us this email to the above-mentioned address. An enquiry will be launched following your request.