DO YOU ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE?
CHECK YOUR COVERAGE FOR STORED PROPERTY!
Your Home Insurance policy (owner, condo owner or tenant) may provide you with the insurance you need.
Check the following with your insurance broker or your insurer:
- Make sure your personal property stored elsewhere than at your home or workplace is covered
- Review the amount of coverage included in your policy
- Check the length of coverage for your stored property (usually 30 days only)
- Find out about covered risks and exclusions
- Learn about the deductible in the event of a claim
- Determine if an additional premium is applicable
Why choose Orange Door?
- Automatic coverage as soon as you fill out a form and pay the affordable and competitive monthly premium.
- Insurance options based on the value of your property.
- $100 deductible only. Also, in the event of a claim, your home insurance file is not affected.
- Coverage effective as long as you keep your storage unit and pay your monthly premium.
- Covered risks include damage from water, fire, smoke, floods, burglary, hail, weight of ice, snow or sleet, lightning, windstorm, vandalism and vermin ($500 limit).
- Coverage of property in transit.
- Coverage of business property.
- Fast claim service.
- Exclusions similar to the ones on the market, such as broken glass and fragile items, valuable papers and records, and jewelry and furs. Some specific risks are not covered under the program, including earthquakes and atmospheric conditions. Details of exclusions are outlined in the Orange Door insurance certificate.
Damage to your stored goods ?
Here are some tips and advice to follow in case of accident or damage to your stored goods
Call the authorities
Whether it’s the police, fire department or an ambulance – first call the appropriate emergency services to make sure everyone is safe.
Prevent damage from worsening
If you can safely do something to contain the damage, then do so. For example, if a pipe bursts and floods your storage unit, you can shut off the water, remove the valuables and cordon off the affected area.
Document the incident.
Do note the date, time and the coordinates of any people present; do not hesitate to take photos as they might prove to be useful at a future date.
Inform your insurance broker as soon as possible at 1-877-878-6730.
Inform the storage facility manager.